The Singapore-Industry Scholarship (SgIS) is offered by some of the finest enterprises in Singapore’s strategic sectors in collaboration with the Singapore Government.
The Government’s participation serves to ensure focus on talent development in sectors that are critical to Singapore’s economic and social progress. The scholarship is aimed at nurturing a strong core of Singapore talent with the requisite skills and capabilities to steer and contribute to these strategic sectors.
The participating organisations in the Singapore-Industry Scholarship (SgIS) will identify and develop future movers and shakers for their respective sectors. Scholars will have opportunities to acquire knowledge of their industries early even while they are studying in university. Upon graduation, scholars will embark on exciting careers with their sponsoring organisations.
The ministries and statutory boards supporting the Singapore-Industry Scholarship are:
- Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)
- Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Energy Market Authority (EMA)
- International Enterprise Singapore (IE Singapore)
- Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
- Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY)
- Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Ministry of Health (MOH)
- National Council of Social Service (NCSS)
- SPRING Singapore
- Singapore Tourism Board (STB)