What is SgIS
Established in 2012, the Singapore-Industry Scholarship (SgIS) is the only multi-industry scholarship in partnership with the Singapore Government. This unique partnership provides a point of convergence for leading organisations in Singapore’s strategic sectors and bright minds aspiring to be leaders of tomorrow. It also creates a bridge for you to enjoy direct access to various industries.
Understanding the importance of building a strong foundation, SgIS seeks to groom the next generation of talents by developing their core skills and competencies. The organisations participating in SgIS have good human resource capabilities and a strong focus on developing talent. Together, we form a sustainable community with diversified capabilities to help Singapore achieve continuous advancement.
The Singapore-Industry Scholarship (SgIS) is supported by the following ministries and statutory boards:
- Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)
- Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Energy Market Authority (EMA)
- Enterprise Singapore (ESG)
- Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
- Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY)
- Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Ministry of Health (MOH)
- National Council of Social Service (NCSS)
- Singapore Tourism Board (STB)